Tuesday 26 August 2008

out of sight, out of mind

some things i miss from home...

my baggy jeans, butlers soya hot chocolate, my cons, the red shoes i bought just before i left, mam's soda bread and griskins, cheddar, kerrymaid-sliced!, my bicycle - with it's gears and brakes, having my own set of keys, delicious kisses when i'm half asleep, mc cambridges, cooking, having an iron - if i chose to use it, hugs only a few people can give, back scratches, holding hands, my music, watching syllian rayle play, watching a live show fullstop, a pint or three of great guinness in doyle's, the shortcut, peace and quiet, red wine, hot water anytime i want it, coffee on a wednesday evening with whoever's around, sweating only when i choose to - and always feeling great after it, wearing a hoodie, talk radio, the news, the chips from beside fibbers, mass, mashed potatoes, the 75 at 9.40pm, cider, skinny jeans, a drawer full of underwear, knowing where things are already, brown rice, taekwondo, perfume, knowing who'll take me home at the end of the night, sending texts and knowing they'll get there, bagels on a saturday morning, not being afraid to breathe through my nose, jameson, reading the newspaper, having more than one piece of jewellry, whelan's, random post party sing songs.........................

but i'm staying here anyway! it's as definate as it will ever be, my flight is valid until may 15th 2009 so i'll be home sometime before then.

doesn't mean i don't miss you all. out of sight doesn't always mean out of mind.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WELL I'LL MAKE SURE TO HAVE A GUINNESS IN YOUR HONOUR IN DOYLE'S VERY SOON...XX

Cathal's Mammy said...

dosing too I see ;-)At leas you are planing on rejoining the work force soonish, not like me with 2010!

Don't worry though, I am sure all those things will still be there when you get back

Anonymous said...

Whelan's?! But you can't breathe through your nose there :p
Love you Princess.X